I know this is a ridiculous bump photo, but it's all I got!
- How far along: 16 weeks
- Total weight gain: 2-3ish pounds
- Baby's heart rate: 160 bpm (at 15-week checkup)
- Maternity clothes: I pulled out a pair of maternity jeans from last time (my high-waisted jeggings aren't buttoning anymore) and was shocked at how comfy they are! Last time I avoided maternity clothes and now, looking back, I don't like a lot of the outfit photos I took during that time because I wore bigger/baggier clothing and the bump wasn't accentuated. So, I think this time I'd like to wear tighter tops. I recently got a black maxi dress in maternity and non-maternity and realized just how flattering those ruched sides are on a pregnant belly! Why was I so against them last time? So I've also ordered this shirt and I am planning to go to Target soon to see what they have. I would like to get a few more maternity clothes that makes me feel good but not spend too much money on it, since this is likely our last pregnancy.
- Gender: We will find out in January! It was scheduled for Jan. 23 but I need to change it because my dad is taking me and my siblings to Vegas!
- Movement: I am feeling a lot of movement, but I can't tell what is the baby and what isn't. I'm so excited for it to become more obvious. That's one thing I really enjoyed about pregnancy last time!
- Sleep: Pretty good - I usually get about nine hours a night so I can't complain :-) I am having some really weird dreams though!
- What I miss: My normal jeans, and not having to be so careful around Rooney. She likes to jump on my belly :/
- Cravings: On the Border (I went three days in a row last week!)
- Nursery update: The nursery is 10' x 10', so I went in there the other day with a measuring tape to figure things out. There are two places the crib could go. I would like to get a glider and dresser for the room as well, but I'm not sure if it will all fit in there! Maybe instead of a dresser we will build some storage into the closet and get a changing table instead. I've always thought those were a waste of money since you don't use them very long, but it might be the best for this situation.
- Mommy thoughts:
- I switched my prenatal vitamin because the gummy ones I took last time were bothering me this time! I really like these Bellybar chewable ones (cheaper at my local Walgreens) but need to get a DHA supplement soon since they don't have DHA.
- My midwife said at my last checkup that my uterus is perfect :-)
- Because of the postpartum depression I experienced after Rooney was born, I've decided to encapsulate my placenta after this baby is born! I've heard amazing things about it and I'm hoping it helps me with my physical recovery, hormone balance, and milk production. I will be sure to share about my experience afterward!
- I'm totally nesting! I cleaned out my closet last weekend and got rid of more than a hundred things!
- There is so much to do this time of year with holidays, I'm really glad I am not in the middle of the first trimester slump or in the first few months of having a newborn!