Christmas Morning Family Photo Shoot
Today is technically the 10th day of Christmas, so I decided it's not too late to post these great shots. Last month I worked with the adorable and amazing Megan Schaap on a little styled family photo shoot! (And by little, I mean, it took a lot of thought and time and got a little bigger than I originally imagined. :) )
But, I love the result! Something about them makes my heart jump! They are so ... real. This may not be our house (can you imagine living in a penthouse?!), but they are our faces and memories. Some of the props are also items that were handed down to me from my nana and mom, so they mean a lot to me. I love the laid-back lifestyle feel and am so thankful for all the work Megan put into our shoot. (I am also thankful that we had Eric's mom with us, to help out and take care of Rooney when she got tired.)
You can see more on Megan's blog, and also on Grey Likes Baby! If you're in Iowa, I would totally recommend Megan's work. We started a shared Pinterest board to gather ideas before the session, and then she came prepared with a shot list and gave us great direction for posing. As you can tell by the photos, she rocks.
- Stockings: Knotty Needleworker via Etsy
- Cupcake ornaments: Hallmark (gift)
- Bear ornaments: vintage (my mom's)
- Hanging W ornament: Anthropologie
- Christmas plate and mugs: vintage (my nana's)
- Black and white pillows: Ikea (here and here)
- Black and white striped blanket: Ikea
- Pouf: Target
- Lacing beads toy: Holgate Toy (gift)
All photos by Megan Schaap Photography.