Decorating the Pallet Wall
Some of you have been asking if we still like our pallet wall (see how we did it here) and how we've decorated it. It's taken us quite a few months, but we finally have added some things! (If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a few sneak peeks.)
I have to say it has been a little tough to decorate! I knew we needed a headboard because the pallets were leaving little wood shavings on our pillows...which wasn't awesome. :)
As a reminder, here is what it looked like before:
It's gorgeous but is just begging to be decorated. (The bed is a king to give you some perspective on how big of a wall this is!) At first we thought about making a white antler wreath out of shed antlers that I saw on Pinterest (here). I don't think it would cost too much, but it would take a bit of work. But then I saw this awesome idea and we decided to go that route since we already had the arrows!
Here's a closer shot from the foot of our bed to make it easier to see what we've got going on (sorry for the grainy iPhone pic):
- The five white arrows are from Fletcher and Fox on Etsy (I also have these in our living room and want these - they are fun to decorate with and we get lots of comments). Both purchases were made with a coupon code.
- The white headboard is from Target (we got it on sale and 5% off using our Target REDcard, so it was a good deal). (If we didn't have a pallet wall, I would have gotten this one. It's a bit fancier and reminds me of my nana. I love it!)
- Our sheets are from West Elm. (I think I also used a coupon code on those).
- The Edison Style light bulbs are from Lowes.
- The hanging planter is by Woolly Pocket (first seen on Fab) with pothos (the only plant we don't seem to kill).
- The beautiful silver wire with our names is from Lila Frances on Etsy.
Still to Do
- New comforter (we're thinking gray?)
- Paint the other walls in the room white (or slightly off-white), including all the other walls in our house
- New bedside tables
We are at a place where we really want to invest in our house. We'd love to finish our basement in the next year and redecorate a few rooms. Anyone have an extra $7,500 laying around that we could have? :)