It's time for our next installment of the Fiesta Movement! For more info on what it's all about, go here.This month's theme is STYLE. For example, this gal got a brand new closet! Which looks amazing (except she has WAY TOO MANY clothes. Yikes.)
We love style (hence my other blog, Snappy Casual), but don't talk about it much over here OR in regard to the whole family. We had family photos taken a couple weeks ago for this year's Christmas card, so my challenge this month was styling our family for photos. Finding the photographer was easy (we have loved Heidi's work for a long time and were so excited to book a session with her), but choosing our outfits was a little more difficult.
I'm excited to give you a sneak peek next week! But for now, here are a few of the photos I found on Pinterest that inspired me.
via Bleubird Vintage
via Sometimes Sweet
via Erik Clausen
How to Dress for Family Photos
- It looks best when each color you choose shows up at least twice. This is comforting to our eyes and just makes sense. Otherwise your clothing choices will look random.
- Small-scale patterns work really well (plaid, stripes, dots, buffalo check).
- Layers add dimension and texture (jackets, cardigans, tights and socks).
- Accessories add an element of "fun" (hats, headbands, glasses, ties, rings, scarves, necklaces, belts).
- My favorite colors in photos are muted warm colors - yellow, green, blue, rust (like the last photo).
What are your favorite ways to dress for family photos?
Next week I'll show you what we wore and how they turned out!
This is a sponsored post and we were compensated for our participation. The opinions expressed are our own. Thank you for reading and supporting Words of Williams.