Finch, 13 months
I keep thinking I will skip a few months of updates, but then I think about all that has changed and feel the need to update and document what he is up to right now.
- Clothing size: 12-18 months
- Diaper size: 4 during the day and 5 at night
- Teeth: 6
- Ferris wheel
- Laying on the floor tantrum
- Throwing food on the floor
- Diaper changes
- Getting cleaned up after meals
He prefers holding big pieces of food and biting off chunks rather than picking up small pieces. One time he ate 3 peaches and still got upset when they were all gone. He is a super messy eater!
We are still going strong! Neither of us seems ready to wean, so I can see us going for quite a bit longer. After Finch turned 1, I tried to remove a feeding during the workday, but it wasn't going well for him, so we added it back in, and it has been a lot better. I would say 5 feedings a day is our normal, and more when he is teething.
- Takes 1-2 naps (20-40 minutes)
- Bedtime: 5:00-7:00 pm (depends on his naps)
- Gets up once at night (between 4:00-6:00 am)
- Wake-up time: 6:30-7:30 am
For naps I either nurse him or just lay him down in his crib with his sleep sack on. For bedtime, I nurse him in his room and he either falls asleep on me, or he will eat and then point at his crib when he's ready to sleep.
- uh oh/uh ah
- ack (yuck)
He loves dropping things on the floor and then saying "uh oh!" It is really, really cute.
- Shakes head no
- Likes to immitate us
- Clicks his tongue and thinks it's funny
- He had three shots and a blood draw at his 12-month appointment
- He had two fevers this month - 100.8 and 102.1
- He is working on several teeth
- We bathe him once a week
- He goes to the chiropractor once a month
LOOKING FORWARD TO...
- hearing him say "Rooney"
- cutting down to one daytime feed
- a later bedtime