Finch, 14 months
- Clothing size: 12-18 months
- Diaper size: 4 during the day and 5 at night
- Teeth: 8
- Bike ride
- Drinking out of a straw
- Trip to Minneapolis
- Running away from me
- Sippy cups
- Sitting in the refrigerator
- Wearing his bike helmet
- Being told no
- Getting cleaned up after meals
He often eats well during 1-2 meals a day and still definitely wants mama milk as a prominent part of his diet. I've been reading up on it and it sounds normal for a breastfed baby. He likes eggs, meat and fruit but doesn't love veggies. He also drinks cow's milk at school in a sippy cup.
- Sweet corn on the cob
We are still nursing 5-7 times a day. He got his top molars this month and was wanting to nurse more often for comfort. I would love to be closer to 4 times/day, but I could tell this is what he needed this month. When we are at home, it seems he wants to nurse every single time I sit down! If we are busy, he gets distracted and can definitely go longer. One thing that is different is that he totally understands now that there are two sides. He will finish a side and then move his little body around to the other side. Crazy!
- He takes 1-3 naps (usually 20-40 minutes each)
- Bedtime: 5:00-7:00 pm (depends on his naps)
- Gets up once during the night
- Wake-up time: 6:30-7:30 am
As far as sleeping goes, he does well at night but doesn't nap very long. Hopefully once he fully transitions to 1 nap, we can do some nap training and try to extend it. Poor guy rarely wakes up happy.
I also am thinking I need to do some more sleep training at night now that he is not sick/teething. He has started to get up between 1:00-3:00 am (instead of 3:00-5:00 am) and has gotten used to me jumping up and going to him quickly (which I did when he was teething/sick). I personally am ready to be done with the nighttime feed. I can feel it affecting my energy and mood. Wish me luck ;-)
- uh oh/uh ah
- ack (yuck)
- doe (door)
- ahh (after taking a drink of water...haha)
I feel like his personality and abilities are exploding. Just a few things he does...
- Gets jealous when Rooney gets our attention
- Grabs a shirt and tries to put it on
- Takes his hairbrush and tries to brush his hair
- Tries to talk into the phone
- Step stools
- Helps when you dress him
- Hugs and kisses
- Screams when he doesn't get his way
- Eats out of his snack cup
He definitely keeps us on our toes! We have to make sure all the toilets are closed or he will splash around in them or throw things in (like he did with a tennis ball and a roll of toilet paper).
- He goes to the chiropractor once a month
- Had a bad cold while teething
- Lots of falls and bumps...but nothing too bad!
LOOKING FORWARD TO...
- Only needing one nap
- Understanding more words and commands :-)
- Dropping to 3-4 feeds/day
We love you, buddy! Thanks for making us smile!