Finch, 9 months
- Being held
- Weight: 22 lbs 12 oz
- Length: 28.5"
- Clothing size: 12-18 months
- Diaper size: 4 during the day and 5 at night
- Teeth: 4 (two on top, two on bottom)
- Sleeping in his crib!
- Word: dada
- Taking steps (first step = Feb. 22, 2016)
- Climbing stairs
- Playing "so big!"
- Getting dressed
- Having toys taken away
We are still breastfeeding! He nurses 5-7 times a day. He does really well with solids, too. I can tell he can go longer between nursing sessions when he has had table food or a puree in between. I'm still being intentional to nurse him before he has food, and plan to do that til he turns 1 so that I maintain my supply and that breastmilk remains his main source of nutrition.
I have been thinking lately about how long we'll breastfeed. I pray it is a mutual and gradual weaning process. I would love to make it at least a year (and possibly beyond). I didn't love breastfeeding until 5ish months (after his lip tie was revised), so it makes me sad to think of quitting now that I really do enjoy it. I think after he's 1 I would like to use my work breaks to run errands instead of feed him, but I want to continue nursing him at bedtime and in the morning. We'll see what happens!
New foods this month:
- scrambled eggs
- mashed potatoes
- apple slices
- Bedtime: 5:00-6:30 pm (depends on his naps)
- Wake-up time: 6:30-8:00 am
- Eats once in the middle of the night (usually between 4:00-5:00 am)
- Takes 2-3 naps
- Sleeps in his crib!
This month his sleep schedule was nearly the same as last month, but we finally moved him from the pack 'n play to his crib! I am so proud of him. The best nights are when I nurse him to sleep and then rock him for a bit (because I'm trying to soak in his baby-ness while it lasts and memorize how he feels in my arms), and even if he wakes up as I lay him down, he doesn't get mad like he used to...he snuggles in on his belly and drifts off to sleep. I tip toe away...and then tip toe back to take another look at him laying so peacefully in his crib. And then I melt into a giant puddle. Gah!
- Has taken two steps at a time before falling
- Climbed four stairs
- Quickly gets into things he shouldn't
- Gets upset when Rooney cries
- Sits in high chairs at restaurants
- Rides in shopping carts
- Gives mama kisses
- He had at least one fever this month (I lose track; it feels like he has been sick for months)
- We bathe him 1-2 times a week
- He has excema, but this lotion is amazing at clearing it up
I am really loving this age so much! I find myself wanting him to stay in this stage for a long time...when he is mobile, but not walking...exploring food, but only one meal a day...easily distracted when he's sad, and super smiley when he's happy...starting to communicate, but doesn't talk back...most of his problems can be solved with a nursing session...he will still fall sleep on me...and only gives his mama kisses. Does it get any better? <3
LOOKING FORWARD TO...
- Hearing him say "mama"
- Learning to clap and point
- Swinging at the park
- Longer naps? Maybe? Please?