Rooney, 3.5 years
We went to "a restaurant with tacos, and cupcakes after" for Rooney's half birthday (per her request), and, gosh, it made me want to freeze time and jot down a few things about her at this age...
Rooney is the same size as many kids one year older than her. She is starting to get clumsy because her body is growing so fast and she gets off balance.
- Clothing size: 5T
- Shoe size: 10-11
- Typing her name on the computer
- Chewing gum
- Playing with the neighbor kids
- Going to the Science Center, park, pool and zoo
- Amusement park rides
- Modeling (she appeared in a clothing ad in the September 2015 issue of Harper's Bazaar UK)
- Having her hair brushed (hence her hair cut)
- Hand blow dryers
- She is kind of a picky eater. Her favorites are: macaroni and cheese, pizza, hot dogs and tacos.
- We've had to start counting bites with her to get her to eat enough protein
Sleep has been a huge change for us in the past nine months (since moving her to a toddler bed, then big girl bed, then weaning her off the pacifier).
- Gave up pacifier at 3 years, 1 month for a scooter - it took her three days but then she didn't ask for it again
- Has not napped at home since she gave up her pacifier
- Sleep walks when overtired
- Goes to bed much smoother if she hasn't had a nap
- Eric lays with her in her bed til she falls asleep at night (which can take five minutes or two hours)
- She comes into our bed in the middle of the night several times a week
- Comfort item is stuffed Dory the fish
- Became a big sister
- Is potty trained (during the day)
- Can write her name
- Counts to 31
- Knows all her letters
- Started preschool
- Can sit and watch an entire movie
- Can play some games, like Go Fish
- Is pretty good at solving problems herself. She spilled water in the kitchen the other day and immediately asked for a towel and cleaned it up herself. She tells me if she uses the last of the toilet paper roll, and puts away her clean laundry.
- She's the kind of girl who says "I need a hand!" in parking lots and demands to be buckled into shopping carts
- Wants to be a maker (cook) and a mommy when she grows up (or a mermaid)
- Can't wait to be 4, so she can go back to Arnold's Park and to preschool four days a week
I want to remember:
- how your hair bounces as you run down the sidewalk to get the mail
- how you want to run everywhere
- how you say "I want daddy" as soon as he leaves for work in the morning
- how much you love Finch
- how you like to wear my clothes, even though they are much too big
- how most little girls love "Let It Go" but your favorite Frozen song is the first one where the men are cutting through the ice
I am fighting back tears, baby girl. Can't believe how far we've come.