Rooney is 6!
My sweet & sassy girl is 6! And she had "the best day ever!"
Eric and I hung streamers from her doorway after she fell asleep the night before, and then went into her room immediately when she woke up on her birthday (at 7:00 am sharp, like usual). We measured her height on the board and then waited quietly for Finch to wake up so we could sing to her and cut into her birthday banana bread.
Eric and I both did lunch & recess with her at school, where she also got to bring birthday treats (glazed donuts).
After school, her cousin Mylie joined us to celebrate with Build-a-Bear, Applebee's (her favorite restaurant), Menchie's frozen yogurt and a cousin sleepover. They colored that Build-a-Bear box for three hours!
The following day she had a friend party at Get Air trampoline park. She got to invite six friends (and her little brother) because she was turning 6. All of the girls were kindergarten friends (plus Mylie), and it was so much fun to meet and get to know her new friends! I think Rooney's favorite part was getting to pass out party favors to all her friends.
Rooney's gifts from us were a bullet journal (she was super interested after seeing Eric's); a rainbow Build-a-Bear; and a box of her favorite candy, Mike & Ike.
On the morning of her birthday, I interviewed her with the same questions I've asked her the past three years. I always love hearing her answers!
ROONEY, AGE 6
- Favorite color: Hot pink
- Favorite toy: Fingerling
- Favorite fruit: Strawberries
- Favorite movie: Smurfs: The Lost Village
- Favorite food: Candy
- Favorite outfit: Unicorn dress
- Favorite game: Hide-and-go-seek
- Favorite animal? Zebras
- Favorite song? "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift
- Favorite book? Pete the Cat
- Best friend: Paisley
- Favorite thing to do outside? Go to the park
- Favorite drink? Raspberry lemonade
- Favorite thing to sleep with in your bed at night: Rosy (her stuffed bunny) and Rainbow Bear (the one she was planning to buy that night)
- Favorite thing to eat on your birthday: Donuts
- What you want to be when you grow up?: Teacher
- Bedtime: 7:00 pm
- Class at school: Kindergarten
- Favorite thing to do with mommy? Everything
- Favorite thing to do with daddy: Everything
- Favorite thing to do with Finch: Play kickball outside together wearing no coats!
- Favorite part of yourself: A lot of people say I look just like my mom
- Rooney or Roo: both
I could not be prouder of the young lady you are becoming. I see so much of myself in you, and I'm afraid that will sometimes mean that we butt heads, but more than that, I pray it means I will understand you better than anyone else and will always be there to give you what you need. Thank you for your patience with me and for forgiving me all the times I've asked for it.
You are my favorite little girl. And I will always, always love you.