Why We Use Both Chiropractic and Pediatric Care for Rooney
Some parents use only pediatric care for their kids and some use only chiropractic, but we've choose to use both. Why? So glad you asked...
From Wikipedia: Pediatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the medical care of infants, children and adolescents (birth up to age 18).
Pediatrics is very common, and we love Roo's well-child checkups. Here's why we go:
- They look in her ears for redness and infection
- They measure her head
- They chart her growth (I like knowing her weight and height and percentiles, and seeing her growth on a curve)
- They take off her diaper and make sure everything looks good and is developing properly
- I remember when she was young they checked to make sure her hips were forming properly
- They check the soft spot on her head
- We have chosen to give Rooney vaccinations
We found a pediatrician close to our house and LOVE her. Many of our friends use her, too. I love to get her perspective because she's a mom and a doctor. I highly recommend her if you're local. She also has a blog that I love.
From Wikipedia: Chiropractic is a complementary and alternative medicine health care profession and an approach to healing concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disorders of the neuromusculoskeletal system and the effects of these disorders on general health.
Why we love our chiropractic care:
- We think alignment is one of the most important things for the body
- It fixed her torticollis issues
- He feels her neck to check for swollen glands (he often can tell she's getting sick before we can)
- Adjustments prevent ear infections
- We get info and support on natural immune boosters and essential oils
- He helped us alter her car seat for ergonomics
We seem to have struck a good balance for us. Our chiropractic care is preventative and our pediatric care is very informative for me on how Roo is developing and what's coming up. I feel very lucky that our pediatrician is open to chiropractic care and is also into essential oils and encourages us to let fevers run their course without giving acetaminophen.
I'd love to hear: What's working for your family?