Whole30 - done!
We did it! We finished the Whole30!
The only person who is probably more relieved than us is my mom, who was very worried about my weight (but rest assured, we had an ultrasound yesterday and baby is growing perfectly!).
Here's a recap of our last week:
- I saw a photo of chocolate toffee and immediately wanted it. I've been daydreaming about what I will be eating a week from now! Eric and Rooney both have birthdays next week, so it would be nice to be able to celebrate however they wish, but I don't want to "waste" the past 30 days either. I want to know if dairy or gluten affect me. The recommended reintroduction process lasts 12 days, though! Eek. We didn't realize that when we started this :-/
- I woke up feeling bloated and gassy for the second day in a row. What's the deal with that?
- Rooney asked for pizza for supper. Normally we would happily oblige, but instead we had chicken breasts (I even helped make them this time!). She wasn't too thrilled, but she did eat it. I told her she could pick what she wants eat for supper on her birthday (Day 29), even though I am still planning to eat something compliant.
- My cravings are back and they make me super crabby. I'm ready to be done. I've probably been doing too much daydreaming about sweets, which just makes the cravings worse.
- I'm dealing with some hard things this week and would like a cupcake to help me cope!!!
- I've had a tooth ache for a week now. It hurts especially when I am trying to chew steak on my right side.
- I love Trader Joe's! I will try to do a post soon about our favorite things to buy there. I've gotten asked a few times, before the Whole30.
- We had Rooney's 3rd birthday party today! I ate beef sticks for protein, and was able to eat the carrots, strawberries and clementines that were part of her pink & orange themed party food, so it wasn't a huge deal. The pasta did look pretty yummy though!
- Rooney came down with a 101.6 fever after her party ;-( She ate a lot of sugar today, so I'm wondering if that was the culprit.
- Woke up gassy. This might be TMI but both Eric and I have had much softer bowel movements during the Whole30.
- Went out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants and had to skip the homemade chips and onion & herb dip. TWO. MORE. DAYS.
- We didn't go to church today because Roo was sick, but it is Communion Sunday and I'm not sure what we would have done...seems kind of silly to skip it, but technically it's not compliant.
- Dreamt I ate cheese puffs for breakfast and felt terrible afterward.
- Woke up gassy.
- Made Smashburgers for the third time - one of our favorite new meals!
- Saved the best for last: chicken drummies!
- Had an ultrasound today, and the baby has grown perfectly while I was on Whole30, even though I lost weight.
- Scratch Cupcakes (specifically Saucy Chocolate Toffee)
- Conversation hearts (my coworker bought me an entire case!)
- Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream
- Girl Scout cookies
- Mahalo's mini donuts
- Cap'n Crunch
- Palmer's brownie
Next week I'll do a recap of our meals (typical breakfasts, lunches and dinners), my general thoughts of the Whole30 program, and what foods I've reintroduced and how they make me feel.