Finch, 10 months
- Paper (especially eating it)
- Mommy's phone
- Biting :-(
- Weight: 23 lbs 3 oz (fully clothed)
- Clothing size: 12-18 months
- Diaper size: 4 during the day and 5 at night
- Teeth: 5
- Diaper changes
- When I leave him at day care
- Not being able to walk
- Being thrown in the air
We are still breastfeeding! He is very distractible when he eats - it's best if we are in a quiet, dark room. He loves to play with my nose while he eats, or fish hook my mouth.
He signs "all done" when he wants to get out of his high chair. At first I thought this was a fluke, but he's done it more than once.
New table foods this month:
- Bedtime: 4:30-6:30 pm (depends on his naps)
- Wake-up time: 6:45-7:30 am
- Eats once in the middle of the night (usually between 4:00-5:00 am)
- Takes 2-3 naps
He does not nap much during the day (sometimes just two 20-minute naps), but he makes up for it at night! He sleeps 12-14 hours total (with one nighttime feeding). He will usually wake up once or twice, but is good at putting himself back to sleep. We did have to sleep train him again after his time in the hospital, but this time it only took one night! We have to do a very early bedtime (usually 5:00 pm) to make sure he gets his sleep before getting out the door to daycare in the morning, but I'm so thankful he sleeps well, especially because he didn't the first 7 months of his life. I actually very much like our schedule right now. I'm getting pretty good sleep, and Eric and I are able to spend quality time with just Rooney for a couple hours before she goes to bed, and then quality time together just the two of us after she goes to bed.
- Has taken three steps
- Words: dada, baba
- Can open drawers
- Swings doors
- Started cruising around furniture
- Blows raspberries
- Waves goodbye
- Points with his whole hand
- He spent two days in the hospital with bronchiolitis (also had a double ear infection)
- Got a terrible diaper rash while on an antibiotic
- Got hives (a rash on his body caused by a virus)
- Stomach bug (or something that caused him to vomit three times at daycare)
- Had bronchiolitis AGAIN
- We bathe him once a week
I felt like a nurse most of the month...sucking out his nose, applying chest rub, giving him medicine, taking his temperature...and so many doctor appointments!
I realized recently that we spent our first night away from Rooney when she was this age. Obviously that was easier to do because she was bottle-feeding. I nurse him before bed and in the morning, so it hasn't really been on my mind yet as a possibility...but I'm not itching to do it, either.
Even though we've had a tough month with illnesses, I found myself thinking many times that this is one of the very best ages. I love when he wants to play rough and when he blows raspberries. I also love that he has started to wave and clap! He continues to bring us (and everyone he meets) so much JOY!
LOOKING FORWARD TO...
- Walking (dare I say it? but he's getting heavy!)
- Getting outside more
- Trying more table foods
- Communicating with him via pointing, signing and words
Happy 10 months, Finchy! We're so glad you joined our crazy family.