Finch, 11 months
- Ceiling fans
- Opening and closing doors
- Mall playground
- Clothing size: 12-18 months
- Diaper size: 4 during the day and 5 at night
- Teeth: 6
- Diaper changes
Breastfeeding is still going well! He usually eats 5 times a day and can go 4 hours between feeds. I really really really love it and get kind of sad when I think about weaning. My favorite is nap nursing him on the weekends - we snuggle up on the couch and I just let him fall asleep on me :-) He also loves being fed in his high chair, or feeding himself.
New table foods this month:
- Apple (without skin)
- Avocado toast
- Ground beef
- Shredded cheese
- Bedtime: 5:00-6:00 pm (depends on his naps)
- Wake-up time: 7:00-8:30 am
- Eats once in the middle of the night (usually between 4:00-5:00 am)
- Takes 1-2 naps
- Longest sleep stretch: 13 hours
He doesn't take long naps (only 20-40 minutes), but I don't really mind because it allows us to be out and about more during the day, and he is a really awesome night sleeper! I can't even believe it, considering the first 7 months he was up every 2-3 hours. In some ways, he's actually a better night sleeper than Rooney was. She would sleep for a long period, but get up early (5:00 am). She also needed a pacifier to sleep, so sometimes we would have to help her find it in the middle of the night. After Finch goes to bed, we rarely hear from him (maybe a couple times a month). He will sleep 10-11 hours and then get up and nurse, and then go back down for a few more hours. And nursing is super easy because I just have to sit there instead of make and hold a bottle. I'm just really pleased with how it all ended up, even though it was really tough in the beginning!
- HE IS WALKING!!! It is so fun to watch him. He can even carry things like toys, a rolling pin, a broom, etc. ;-) We've also seen him do a 180-turn without falling.
- He is getting into a lot more stuff, like the toilet and dishwasher
- Signs "more" often and "all done" sometimes
- Favorite word: dada
- We bathe him once a week
- He had bronchiolitis for the fourth time...anyone else have a kid whose lungs get attacked with every cold? I'm wondering if he'll outgrow it or if it's forecasting issues such as asthma...
I sure love being his mama. Every night as I rock him before bed, I tell him how much of a joy he is to me. One of the most special times we share is around 5:00 am after I feed him and he falls asleep in my arms. The house is dark and quiet and while his entire body is in my arms I imagine us dancing at his wedding. I just stand there and hold him for as long as I can and soak it all in.
I have no idea when our breastfeeding journey will end, but as his intake of table foods increases in the next couple months, we will probably drop to 3-4 feedings. When he is 15 months, Eric and I may take a little weekend anniversary trip so I'm anxious because I don't know what our routine will be then. I'm not in a huge hurry to wean, so I don't want us being apart to cause early weaning (or maybe I'll be ready by then???). I'd love to hear how it worked for anyone who is willing to share... :-)
Rooney and Finch have also had some really tender moments lately and it touches my heart so much! I love watching them hug and giggle and even wrestle if it doesn't end in crying!
LOOKING FORWARD TO...
- 1st birthday party
- Family vacation to Okoboji
- Saying "mama"