Finch, 19 months
- Height: 33.2" (71%)
- Weight: 29 lbs 4 oz (95%)
- Head: 18.3" (24%)
- Clothing size: 18 months - 2T
- Shoe size: 6-7
- Diaper size: 4/5
- Teeth: 16
- Haircut (by grandma)
- Christmas program
- Playing with Rooney
- Mother Goose Club on Netflix
- Apples & applesauce
- Brushing his teeth
- Learning how to use a spoon
- Bedtime: 6:30-7:00 pm
- Wake time: 6:30-7:00 am
- Nap: 1-1.5 hrs
We have been wanting to move his bedtime to 7:00 pm for months, and he was finally able to make the shift (he doesn't get overtired and will sleep in til 7:00 am). I love that he and Rooney are on a more similar schedule now (don't get me wrong, there was also a time when I loved his early bedtime, but we're in a really good spot right now). Eric puts him to bed most nights, because he cries less for him (usually no crying at all).
He can also happily be awake during the day until 1:20ish before he needs a nap, which has been nice.
- He goes to the chiropractor once a month to get adjusted
- Had diarrhea, vomiting and terrible diaper rash
- Had his 18-month well child checkup
- Has eczema
- Was diagnosed with reflux (he will occasionally spit up/throw up after meals)
- Grew 4 new teeth!
We are still nursing! He calls it "mama." I gladly nurse him in the morning (I love that peaceful time of connection with him), but then I find myself trying to avoid it the rest of the day. Mostly because during daytime feeds he will try to do gymnastics while latched, and I know it will be more sustainable for me to nurse longer if I don't get burnt out. He usually does fine with redirection, but sometimes he needs it throughout they day, so then we do it. Some days we nurse for three minutes total and some days it's more than an hour. He still very much prefers the left side. Sometimes he will nurse for one minute on the right and then say "Uh oh, mama" and switch to the left.
- He has taken an interest in the TV. Mother Goose Club is a bunch of songs and rhymes, and he is captivated by it and it's fun to see him watching as he learns (if he sees a horse, he can say "neigh," etc.)
- Can walk backwards
- Uses his left hand quite often while eating
- Granola bar
- K (OK)
- Show (doe)
- My my (his cousin Myah)
- Duba duba duba (this means applesauce...it's hilarious)
- Mama (mommy, grandma or nursing)
- Nooooo (it's still cute; I forget when that ends?)
- Uh oh
- Nigh nigh
- Dink (drink)
He's very verbal! He can say (or will try to say) 45+ words. It's so fun being able to communicate with him.
LOOKING FORWARD TO...
- When he can play with Rooney even more (although this month was a huge step in that direction)
- Honestly, our kids are both at awesome ages and I am loving being a parent now more than ever <3
Finch, you brighten our days so much. You are absolutely fearless, walking off couches and climbing up on tables. You are incredibly sweet, giving kisses and arms-tucked-in hugs. You are funny, smart, kind and handsome. You are so curious to learn how things work - I wonder if you'll be a mechanic or an engineer? Your favorite spot is sitting (or standing) on my lap. I love giving you horsey rides on my back. I would do anything for that giggle!
P.S. Your soft little chubby feet are my absolute favorite thing.