snappy new year!
Happy new year! Can you believe it's almost 2017? I still feel like I just graduated high school, but my 15-year reunion is coming up this summer. (Whoa.)
During our annual family meeting, Eric and I were able to review our past year. 2016 was hard, but good. (Is that true for you, too?) I really think it's remarkable to look back at all that was accomplished in a year, so here we go!
TOP 10 BLOG POSTS:
- Fall family photos
- 2016 style goals
- The best jeans you've never heard of
- Going from 1 to 2 kids
- Our first trip to the ER
- On sleep training
- 2017 family meeting
- 3 is...
- Remember me?
- Planning a donut birthday party
- 4 day dates (Eric and I try to do these every quarter and they are our FAVORITE)
- 3 summer trips to Okoboji
- 56 blog posts published! This is my happy place, and I appreciate every single person who reads. It was super fun to collaborate with Copper Pearl, Minted (2x), Boon, Hy-Vee, Mainstream Boutique and Whole Foods this year!
- Finch sleeping through the night!
- Family trip to Minneapolis (blog post to come)
- 10th wedding anniversary & weekend trip to Omaha (blog post to come)
- Surprising Eric with Garth Brooks tickets
- A day at the Iowa State Fair
- Visiting the Grotto of the Redemption (blog post to come)
- Making progress on our basement project (update coming soon)
- Discovering our love for pancake breakfasts
- Rooney's bedtime routine making huge improvement
- Finch turning 1 & becoming more independent
- Eric and I giving each other "time off" from parenting (I hope to write a separate post about this soon)
- Eric passing the Series 65 exam!
We also felt like we did a good job with date nights this year, although I can only count a handful of them on my calendar. But that is definitely still better than we've done in the past few years!
- Finch's ER visit & two-day hospital stay (and the fact that we are still paying the bill...)
- The unexpected cost of our washer going out (although I love our new one!)
- My grandparents' declining health
GOALS FOR 2017:
- Publish 60 blog posts
- Continue reading one chapter of the Bible every morning (at this rate I won't finish the Bible until next year, though!)
- Have adventures and make lots of family memories. YOLO!