Finch, 2 weeks
FINCH, 2 WEEKS
- Loves eating & being held
- Dislikes baths & diaper changes
- Longest stretch between feedings: 5 hours
- Back to birth weight (and then some)!!!
- Weight: 8 pounds, 12 ounces
- Length: 20.5 inches
- Diaper size: 1
- Clothing size: 0-3 months
Nursing: We are still doing it! He hit a growth spurt this week, which meant almost constant nursing for a 24-hour period. I'm glad to say we are back to eating every 2-2.5 hours during the day and 3-3.5 hours at night.
Outings: So far he has been to Applebee's, the pediatrician (twice), Walgreens and the swings park (twice).
Sleeping: We have been mostly co-sleeping so far because it's the only way we get any sleep. I don't plan to continue to do this much past the fourth trimester, but we'll see what happens.
Latest Google searches:
- Baby breastfeeding 400 minutes a day
- Baby circumcision
- Iowa Methodist lactation services
- Cluster feeding
- Cake nursing bras
- I am definitely enjoying the newborn stage more this time around! He spends very little time (1-2 hours) away from me each day. I start to miss him if I go longer than that.
- He already seems so big to me! A pound makes a huge difference when they're this little!
- I got one nursing bra so far, but plan to try out a few of your suggestions once I get out of the house more.
- In some ways the second week is harder than the first - the baby wakes more to eat and the sleep deprivation starts to catch up. But we are still doing great!
- Eric is back to work (and so tired, poor guy), but his mom was here with us most of this week. We are very thankful for the help but also excited to find our groove as a family of four!