Finch is 3!
My forever baby is 3! I've heard parenting gets easier when your youngest child turns 3, and so far I think it's partly true. I mostly love when my kids get older and reach new milestones, but can I be honest? Three is not my favorite age, so I was kind of dreading it. Even though he can be a challenge, I know he's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing (testing independence and boundaries), and for that I am really, truly grateful!
Finch is a big guy! He is looking so grown with his new haircut. He's off the charts for weight, and also super tall. Rooney is also very tall, and he is taller than she was at this age. I love it, except that I threw my back out this week while trying to lift him.
- Weight: 43 pounds (>99%)
- Height: 40 3/4 inches (98%)
- Clothing size: 4T-5T
- Shoe size: 10-12 (depending on brand)
After some health/breathing scares early on in his life, he has been doing well as of late! We haven't used his nebulizer for seven months, praise the Lord! We were watching him for asthma, but (fingers crossed) he seems to have outgrown it, although he's not completely off the hook. He also has eczema and allergies that flare up here and there. I continue to pray for his health!
- Dirty hands
- When his legs fall asleep
- The letter F
- Being outside
- Riding his bike
- "Mowing" the yard
- Water towers
He is a great sleeper! He loves to sleep with as many stuffed animals, books and toys as you will let him.He's still in a crib, and I want to keep him there as long as possible. He has climbed out a handful of times, but not consistently. After he climbed out the first time, I told him he needs to stay in his room until his clock turns green, and he said "It's my life! Leave me alone!"
- Bedtime: 7:00 pm
- Wake time: 6:30-7:00 am
He hasn't napped at home in at least a month, but will take one at school most days. I prefer when he doesn't nap, as it makes bedtime a lot easier.
When Rooney was 3, I started interviewing her each year on her birthday with the same questions. This year, it was Finch's turn! You can get a sense of his personality here — he is very social and loves to make people laugh!
- What is your favorite color? Green
- What is your favorite toy? Cars
- What is your favorite show? Ellen’s Game of Games
- What is your favorite food? Fruit
- What is your favorite fruit? Vegetables
- What is your favorite thing to wear? Clothes
- What is your favorite game? Ellen’s Game of Games
- What is your favorite animal? Elephant
- What is your favorite song? "Thunder”
- What is your favorite book? Ellen’s Game of Games
- Who is your best friend? Anybody!
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play
- What’s your favorite part of your body? Legs and feet
- What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
- What do you want to eat on your birthday? Donuts!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Mommy! Wait, Daddy!
- What's your bedtime? 49
- What class are you in at school? Laura and Shannon’s class!
- What's your favorite thing to do with mommy? Cuddle on the couch and eat a snack and watch a show
- What's your favorite thing to do with daddy? Go to work
- Do you like being called Finch or Finchy? Finchy
It's hard to believe he will be going to preschool this fall. We are on day four of potty training and he is catching on quick! We still have accidents daily, but I am very proud of him!
Happy birthday, buddy! We love you to the moon!