photos from our lake vacation
We are home from the lake and a little bit sad about it. I think next time we need to do two weeks :) We are planning to go back for Labor Day weekend though so I guess that's just a few weeks away!
The weather was a perfect 10 almost every day so there was lots of boating and swimming. On Sunday, my dad ordered a pontoon slide that was overnighted to Iowa from North Carolina, so we had fun with that as soon as it arrived!
Rooney fell in love with Okoboji. Each night before she went to bed, she'd tell me she wanted to ride papa's boat again. We took naps in our swimsuits, ate donuts for breakfast, played at the amusement park, read books on the deck ... it was dreamy. Here are a few photos from our week!
Now that my siblings and I have six kids collectively, we had to make some tweaks with how we "vacation." We learned the hard way, a couple times, that showing up to a restaurant at 6:30 pm with 13 people just won't work.
By the end of the week we had it down, though - either making meals of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fruit, or calling in an order to go from one of our favorite local restaurants.
If you find yourself in Okoboji, here are a few of our favorite things to do:
- Wyman's Spudnutz: Try their donut holes or call ahead with a custom order.
- Nutty Bar Stand: Classic Okoboji treat
- Mrs. Lady's: Yummy Mexican food
- Hey Good Cookies: Delicious little deli
- Bracco: A more expensive restaurant overlooking the lake
- Sugar Shack: The best candy store ever
- Goodies: A gourmet chocolate shop