Rooney, 29 months
clothing size: 2T-4T
diaper size: 5
shoe size: 8-9
ROONEY, 29 MONTHS
- Painted her fingernails for the first time (I let her do one finger and then I did the rest)
- Dislikes sandwiches and wearing flip flops
- Favorite color is orange - loves to wear orange clothes and eat orange foods
- Favorite shows are Secret of the Wings (Tinker Bell) and Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas. I was less than thrilled to watch a Christmas movie nine times in three days (see Health section below) but I have to say...that Tinker Bell movie is actually REALLY good.
- Watches for the stoplights to turn from red to green when we're in the car (and then yells at me to GOOOOOOO!)
- Fell in love with Okoboji
Is obsessed with the moon (or at least she was for a week)
Gives the best hugs, especially in the morning right after we get her out of her crib
Always wants to be outside, even if it's 90 degrees or raining
- macaroni & cheese
- hamburger patties
- sweet potato fries
- french fries
- sunflower seed butter
- Cheddar Bunnies
- Bedtime: 8:30 pm
- Night sleep: 10-12 hours
- Morning wake time: 7:00-8:30 am
- Nap time: 1:00 pm
- Nap duration: 1.5-2 hours
She is definitely starting to delay bedtime and nap time by asking for snacks, water, shows, etc. I am hoping this phase doesn't last long. She has stayed up later than usual this month with the Fourth of July holiday and then vacation. I think she was up til 10:00 pm one night. Her bedtime has crept later and later as the summer has gone on, but I think we're holding steady at 8:30 now and hoping to maybe push back to 8 this fall/winter. Just five months ago she was going to bed two hours earlier! It is fun to hang out with her more but we are not used to not having less than an hour for ourselves after she goes down.
- She had a bad cold this month and we were all sick. :( After a couple days of thinking she had pinkeye, we went to the doctor to learn that it was just a cold coming out of her eyes. Yuck!
- She takes a bath twice a week.
- We visit the chiropractor every Monday.
- Teeth: 20. All her teeth are finally in!
Here are some of my favorite things I heard her say this past month:
- "What are you doing daddy? What's this? I wanna help!"
- "Mommy, what'd you say?"
- "I wanna go fast!"
- "No way Jose!"
- "My car's all wet because it's raining."
- "Mommy works at church."
- "Don't sing!"
- "Daddy's so funny!"
- Can recognize the letter R
- Can drink from a cup and bottle of water
- Can put on some shoes by herself, and take them off
- Can climb into the van and into her car seat
- Can count to twenty-teen :)
- Surprised me by making some big messes - I found her throwing salt around our bedroom, slamming a door and knocking my favorite clock off the wall, emptying out our Q-tips, and unwrapping decorative soaps in our guest bathroom
Getting good at brushing her teeth
I have taken a lot more videos this month because it is easier to capture what she is doing and saying:
I've always thought the color orange was pretty cool, but after seeing you love it so much, I appreciate it even more now. I have started buying more orange clothes for you because otherwise it can be a struggle to get you dressed in the morning. We went to the candy store in Okoboji and you picked out orange slices and an orange sucker, of course!
Also, I think you may grow up to be a masseuse. You love to rub coconut oil on us and yourself and have such a soft touch!