Do you garden and have rhubarb coming out your ears? Or maybe you're just in the mood for a slushy summer drink? Here's a yummy recipe to try!
RHUBARB SLUSH RECIPE
8 cups finely cut rhubarb
6 cups water
1½ cups sugar
1 small box (3 oz) raspberry Jell-O
1 can frozen lemonade, thawed
1 cup real lemon juice
- Boil rhubarb in water until it's soft and stringy.
- Drain (keeping the drain off).
- Add sugar, Jell-O, lemonade and lemon juice, and mix until dissolved.
- To serve, fill glass ¾ full with frozen slush, and top with Sprite.
- Optional: add a shot of blue raspberry vodka.
For 8 cups rhubarb, we bought seven stalks (we were planning to buy eight, but a couple of them were quite large).
I first tasted this delightful drink at my friend Joa's wedding four years ago. I'm a lover of fruity and slushy drinks, but I had never tried rhubarb before, so I was hesitant. But I love sour candy, and rhubarb is seriously like a sour patch kid from the earth.