Rooney, 27 Months
clothing size: 2T-4T
diaper size: 5
shoe size: 8-9
ROONEY, 27 MONTHS
- Is a cautious little girl and requests to be buckled into high chairs, carts and strollers
- Can climb in and out of her car seat by herself
- Gets so many comments on how tall she is! We had to adjust her car seat straps this month.
- Says prayers with us
- Loves to watch Jam with Jamie videos on Youtube. Her avorite song is Baby Bumble Bee.
- Took a 20-minute shower with me, which was maybe the funnest thing of motherhood so far
- Likes to compare little and big things, like her nose and mine
- Rode her first roller coaster and is a season-pass ticket holder at Arnold's Park Amusement Park
- Gets lost in her imagination
- Macaroni and cheese
- Sunflower seed butter
- Blueberry muffins
- Pirate's Booty
- Bedtime: 7:15-7:45 pm
- Night sleep: 10.5-12 hours (some night it takes her a LONG time to fall asleep)
- Morning wake time: 6:30-8:30 am
- Nap time: noon - 1:00 pm
- Nap duration: 1.5-2 hours
There have been a couple times this month when she's fallen asleep on our bed or couch (with a paci in her mouth, holding her sleep sack). We are usually so anal about her sleep schedule that I have been amazed that she's needed more, but she's been having trouble falling asleep at night so she has definitely been more tired during the day.
We've got a chatty one on our hands! At least around Eric and I, she is very talkative. Her daycare teacher says the same thing.
Also, she has successfully pronounced Rooney a couple times, but most of the time it's Runney or Row-ney. So cute!
- Good job mommy!
- Good job daddy!
- You did it mommy!
- Yay! (while clapping)
- I love you (with a kiss on the lips)
- Sorry mommy (usually when I should be the one who's sorry)
- I wanna do this one NEXT
- Ummmmm NO
- I wanna go on an adventure!
- See you next time
- I wanna be like you (to her daddy after I pointed out how much she has been imitating him lately)
- OK bye (when we laid her down for sleep)
- You want pigtails?
- Can sing all the "ABCDs" (video below)
- Last month, every color was "blue," but now she can correctly identify orange, purple, blue, red and black. Green and yellow still seem to be tricky for her. Orange is her favorite color by far! She points it out all the time when she sees it. It sounds like "Arrnge" with a soft g.
- Can identify shapes - circle, heart, star, triangle, oval, hexagon
- Can count to 13
- Can walk up stairs alone without holding onto a railing or my hands, alternating feet
- Being outside is her favorite
- Loves to go to the playground and swing
- Loves to go look at the garden
- Loves to go for bike rides in her bike trailer
- Likes to walk to get the mail
- Changes her babies' diapers
- She had a fever a couple weeks ago with a cold/cough. Such a bummer. She was fine the next day, but it makes me wonder why she keeps getting this same gunk (respiratory congestion, wheezing, coughing) every month...
- We see the chiropractor weekly, more often when sick
- We bathe her twice a week, but will need to do it more often this summer because she gets so sweaty!
- Teeth: 16. I think she is working on her molars and I can't wait for them to come in! They really seem to be bothering her. We use Hyland's teething tablets and Orange essential oil when she is fussy from teething.
Nothing new here. I'm not sure she even sat on the potty in the past month. She will occasionally grab at her diaper and seem frustrated, so I think she is started to not like how it feels to have a wet diaper. I will ask her if she wants a new diaper or to go potty, but she usually says no.
Rooney, I've realized so many times this month that if I would just take the same advice I give to you, things would be easier. Such as, "If you're feeling frustrated, just say 'Help, please' and someone will be glad to help you out."
Being a mom is hard, but the hugs you give at the end of the day remind me that I'm doing OK. I love you so much. We've got something truly special, baby girl.