Rooney is 3!
Happy birthday, Rooney!
Instead of doing my typical rundown of what size clothing Roo is wearing (4T-5T) or what time she goes to bed (7:45-8:00 pm), I decided I would interview her. It was so much fun and most of her answers surprised me! I hope to do this every year on her birthday, if I can remember!
ROONEY JANE, AGE 3
1. What is your favorite color? Pink and orange
2. What is your favorite toy? Baby
3. What is your favorite fruit? Goldfish
4. What is your favorite TV show? Nemo
5. What is your favorite food? Eggs
6. What is your favorite outfit? Dresses
7. What is your favorite game? Play
8. What is your favorite animal? Cow
9. What is your favorite song? "Oh good to me" (Johnny Appleseed Prayer)
10. What is your favorite book? Jesus Loves Me
11. Who is your best friend? Mommy and daddy
12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play
13. What is your favorite drink? Juice
14. What do you like to sleep with in your bed at night? Fox (Blabla doll)
15. What do you want to eat on your birthday? Marshmallows. Big marshmallows.
16. What do you want to be when you grow up? Be a big girl!
17. What's your bedtime? Nigh-nigh
18. What class are you in at school? The big kid room!
19. What's your favorite thing to do with mommy? Tickle
20. What's your favorite thing to do with daddy? Color!
21. What's your favorite part of your body? Poo poo in my diaper!
22. Do you like being called Rooney or Roo? Roo!
Last month you got to go to your very first Daddy Daughter Dance! We borrowed a couple "princess dresses" and you knew immediately that you wanted to wear the pink one. We painted your nails and put your hair in a top bun, and I will never forget the way you looked over your shoulder at me when I was buttoning up the back of your dress. I had a flash-forward to your wedding day and fought back tears. After you got dressed, you ran off to show daddy how beautiful you were.
When you got home, you refused to take off your dress and danced around your room. You were so excited. "I was looking for Adah but I couldn't find her but I saw Payton! And I had a cupcake and a cookie!" It melted my heart to see how much fun you had and even moreso that you wanted to tell me everything that happened while we were apart.
You keep asking if it's time for another Daddy Daughter Dance, and guess what baby girl? It's your birthday and you can dance if you want to.