Whole30 starts now!
You guys, I am excited but also slightly terrified. I've considered the Whole30 for more than a year, and we are finally taking the plunge!
I'm so addicted to sugar, it's not funny. (I mean, I dreamt about Wild Berry Skittles last night. I could taste them - they were so juicy!) For the next 30 days, we will eat whole foods (meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit and fats) and avoid sugar, dairy and grains.
Sometimes it seems easy, and sometimes it seems impossible, but here we go.
Because the program promises that on Days 4-5 I will want to Kill All the Things, I know I'll need this list of reasons why to keep going:
- Be healthy for Eric and Rooney and baby boy
- Support Eric's desire to eat healthier
- Be the healthiest I've ever been, nutritionally
- Give this baby boy all the nutrients he needs to grow (and not deplete my own nutrition while doing so)
- Have more energy to get out of bed in the morning (or in the middle of the night, if needed)
- Loosen sugar's grip on me (it's poison!)
- Clearer skin
- Better understand how dairy and gluten affect me personally
- Sugar tastes good initially but I really don't feel that great afterward...darn headaches!
AND, just to lighten the pressure a bit: I'm only promising to do this once. It's only 30 days. I can do it.
And on March 4, I can go back to eating whatever I want. Like an entire bag of Valentine conversation hearts in one sitting (which I know is not the point or a good idea, but ... it takes the pressure off for now).
Who else has done the Whole30? Should I be scared?!