Rooney, 35 months
clothing size: 3T-5T
diaper size: 5
shoe size: 9-11
ROONEY, 35 MONTHS
- Can write the letter "e"
- Talks in a British accent sometimes
- Had her first lay-and-kick-on-the-floor tantrum
- Gets frustrated when she can't find the right words to say (especially if someone else is doing what she wants to do herself)
- Wants to be a maker at Starbucks
- "I have spicy in my mouth!"
- "What color is the baby in your tummy?"
- "Won't you be my daughter?"
- "Wake up, sweetie pie!"
- "Mommy I have a question to you. I didn't play with dinosaurs tonight."
- "String cheese is a candy!"
- "Wake up your eyes!"
- "What are old are you?"
- "Mom, I'm gonna be 4 in a few minutes."
- "Well, I'm gonna leave it on for a little bit minutes and then I'll take it off, OK?"
- "I'm gonna drive in a few minutes."
- Bedtime: 7:30 pm
- Wake time: 7:00 am (ish)
- Naps: one a day, around 1:00 pm
- We bathe her twice a week (she refuses to take a shower)
- We get adjusted to the chiro weekly
- We put essential oils on her feet every morning to boost her immune system
- String cheese
- Macaroni and cheese
You just got out of your bed for the fourth time tonight. We put you to bed an hour and a half ago, but you haven't fallen asleep yet. Each time, we direct you back into your room, back into your bed, back into your sleep sack. I can't decide if we should be harder on you, or if we should just soak up every minute of these last four months we have as a family of three. I feel bad because sometimes I'm hard on you and sometimes I'm easy, and you probably never know what you're going to get from me. Motherhood is hard that way.
But we'll figure it out, together, just like we always do: One day at a time. Thank you for your smiles and laugh and energy that you bring to our home.