Finch, 6 months
I can't believe he's been here half a year!
- Weight: I'm guessing 21 pounds?
- Clothing size: 6-12 or 12-18 months
- Diaper size: 4
- Being held
- Grabbing (toys, food, hair)
- Car naps
- Tummy time
- Chewing on his toes
- Being naked
- Sleeping in his crib
- Tornado warning
- Snow (11/20/15)
- Hotel stay
- Basketball game - watching the Cyclones (No. 5) at Hilton Coliseum
- We are still breastfeeding!
- He nurses 6-10 times a day
- Easily gets distracted while nursing, especially if it's noisy
- Daytime nursing sessions are usually only 5-11 minutes long
- Had his first food (sweet potatoes) today, and did very well!
This was our best month of sleep, by far!
- Gets up 2-4 times a night, but usually only twice
- He usually takes three naps a day, but sometimes still four
- At home we usually hold him for naps, or he will sleep in his car seat if we're driving
- At night he sleeps in a sleep sack in a swing in our bedroom. We've tried to move him to his bedroom/crib, but he freaks out :-/
- He sleeps in a crib on his tummy at daycare
- Rolls all around the room, even into other rooms
- Reaches for everything
- Favorite toys: fabric book that "crinkles," Oball with rattles, Sophie the Giraffe, Wubbanub
- Doesn't lay still for diaper changes
- Can sit unassisted for several minutes before he topples over
- Has gone from laying to sitting once, all on his own
- Tries to get up on his hands and knees, but usually falls onto his side
- We bathe him once a week (he has terribly dry skin)
- He goes to the chiropractor every other week
- His eyes are dark, but I can't tell exactly what color they are. They are like brown on the outside and gray on the inside.
I am enjoying this age so much...it's like I'm finally able to breathe a little, ya know? Except I'm starting to get worried about the winter sicknesses he may encounter, as well as teething in the coming months! I remember those being hard times with Rooney. I also have no idea how or when he will transition to his crib...it sort of terrifies me because I'm already exhausted and I envision us getting even less sleep during the switch.
LOOKING FORWARD to...
- Trying more solids
- Seeing how much he weighs at his 6-month checkup
- His first Christmas! He is already loving our tree - looking at the lights and rolling under it and playing with the low-hanging ornaments!