Rooney, 7 Months
I have to say the 7th month of Rooney's life has been our favorite by far! I bet we'll continue to say that as she gets older, but wow! she is so cool!
Her personality is blossoming and she is so darn fun:
If you can't see the video, click here.
It was also definitely the fastest month so far, with the most changes. I couldn't believe it was already time to do an update. Let's get to it!
But first, a cute photo of her sitting up in my dad's flooring store. Don't you just want to squeeze her?
- Weight: Rooney weighs 20 lbs. 2 oz. She gained a pound in the past month.
- Clothing: I finally made myself put away all her 6M stuff. There are some outfits we really love in that pile, but they are much too small. Maybe someday there will be another little girl in our house to wear them. She wears mostly 9M clothing and even some 12M stuff. She wears size 3 diaper during the day and size 4 at night.
- Crawling? Yes! She started crawling a week and a half ago. She had been up on her hands and knees for a couple months, and then finally figured out how to rock back and forth. Soon after, she was off! She is still quite slow but she can do it! We put up the baby gate, but she hasn't ventured off the carpet much yet.
- Teeth? Yes! She has one teeny tiny tooth on the bottom.It finally cut through last Thursday. She's been extra fussy, and it's pretty obvious when it's bothering her. A couple times we've had to get up in the middle of the night with her. We've given her a few doses of Hyland's Teething Tablets and they seem to work well. I hate seeing her in pain! Poor baby girl!
- Other developments: She is pulling herself up to standing on whatever she can find! We had to lower the crib mattress last week because we found her up on her knees, chewing on the railing.
- Bottles/day: Four, ...sometimes five. I am not sure if she adds a feeding because of a growth spurt or because her gums hurt and a bottle is soothing and feels good on her teeth. Sometimes she is fussy for reasons we can't explain and a bottle is the only way we can get her calmed down.
- Solid food: We give her baby food a few days a week. I've read it's only for "fun" right now, but none of us typically have fun when we feed her so we don't do it every day. We had a choking scare last weekend with baby peas, which was really scary for all of us! She has tried egg yolk, avocado, sweet potatoes, bananas, carrots, and peas. She is more interested in the bib and spoon at this point. We've also let her experiment with her sippy cup a little bit, even though the age on it says 9 months. I kind of can't wait until she can feed herself.
- Favorite food: Anything that comes in a jar that we didn't make at home. :) For some reason she seems to do better with canned, store-bought food. I think carrots have been her favorite so far, even though they gave her a rash on her stomach and back, and the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. Oh, I wanted to cry just looking at it! Looking at the consistency of the stage 2 carrots we bought, we were waaaaay off with our homemade stuff. We were basically giving her paste. Oops! We still have quite a bit left in our freezer so we will have to water it down with formula or water in the future.
- Sleep habits: She really loves to sleep. The longest she's gone at night is 13.5 hours. Her bedtime is between 5:30 and 6:30 - it depends on if she's had 3 or 4 naps that day (so maybe we haven't completely dropped the fourth nap...). She seems to want to get up at 5:30 a.m. no matter what time she went to bed.
- Favorite toy: She can't get over a Sassy teether her cousins handed down to her (I couldn't find it online). She also loves her doorway jumper and we call her crib toy the magic turtle because it does wonders at distracting her from her teething pain in the middle of the night. A couple times it has calmed her enough to get her to go back to sleep.
- Best time of day: In the morning, after she eats. She is so smiley and energetic and happy!
- Transportation: We switched her to a rear-facing convertible car seat yesterday. Technically she still fit in her infant carrier, but it was a pain to carry around.
- Activities: We were hoping to sign her up for Water Babies, but it runs from 6-7 p.m. and she is in bed already at that time. We also want to get a bike seat and helmet for her but I've read that it's really best to wait until she's a year. So, I feel like we're limited in what we can do with her.
- Halloween costume: A (happy) ghost. The costume is a hand-me-down from her cousin Mylie. I'm sure there will be photos to come!
- Not looking forward to: Daylight savings time.
- Looking forward: Family photos next week, seeing our extended families this month, putting up our Christmas tree and watching her experience the holidays for the first time!
(bullet list idea taken from writing chapter three)
What else do you want to know? Any questions for us?